- automatically update firmware for GoPro HD HERO2 cameras
- create 3D videos shot with the GoPro 3D HERO System
- perform color correction, image enhancement, & file preparation prior to video editing or sharing on Youtube, Vimeo, or Facebook.System Requirements
Go to the link below, enter your name and email address and you will be able to immediately download the software. Unzip the downloaded file, double click the setup exe file, and in under a minute it will install and you are ready to go. I connected my GoPro HD HERO2 camera and the software detected my camera, plus an Update was available. I clicked on the very large UPDATE button and the update was carried out seemlessly.
To use GoPro CineForm Studio, your computer must use one of the following operating systems:
* PC – Windows XP, Vista, 7
* MAC – Snow Leopard 10.6, Lion 10.7
GoPro CineForm Studio does NOT support computers with the following operating systems:
* MAC – Leopard 10.5 (However, product updates ARE supported via separate utility file included in the software download.)
Important Performance Considerations
* product updates with GoPro CineForm Studio requires very little CPU and RAM, making it easy to update firmware regardless your system’s processing power.
* only PC / Mac computers with Intel compatible processors are supported by GoPro CineForm Studio.
* for editing features such as making timelapse videos from photos, image enhancement, & color correction, a Quad Core Processor (Mac) or Intel i7-860 Processor (Windows), 4GB RAM, & 1920×1080 screen resolution are recommended.
Programs to View and Edit Videos on a Mac
On a Mac computer there are two of programs that come standard with OSX which are compatible with the H.264 MP4 codec.
For simple video playback QuickTime Player is ideal. If you are looking to edit your videos, iMovie is a good choice for most users, however more advanced editors will want to look into using Final Cut (not a native Mac OSX program).
Programs to View and Edit Videos on a PC
To view and edit videos on a PC, you can use Windows Media Player or Movie Maker (download the latest HD-capable version and also download a H.264 decoder to update media or movie maker). CoreCodec CoreAVC is one company that offers a codec pack for H.264. You can also use our free editing software, GoPro CineForm Studio, to convert your camera's MP4 files to AVI files so that you can edit them in Windows Movie Maker.
VLC Media Player is also a free downloadable video media player that supports MP4 H.264 files.
For other PC based editing programs, we have had several customers give good reviews of the Pinnacle Studio HD editing software which is compatible with the MP4 files. Adobe Premier Elements PC based program that is compatible with MP4 files.
If you have an existing program that does not support MP4 files, you also have the option of using a file conversion software such as CineForm Studio to convert your files into a format compatible with your particular editing program.
How to Upload Videos
GoPro Cineform Studio Professional
There is also a professional version of CineForm Studio, named GoPro Cineform Studio Professional. This really is software aimed at Professional 3D Editing for Film and Broadcast. More here